Some reliable sources of information related to your taxes
(Links will open in a new window.)
Internal Revenue Service
- IRS home page
- The primary source for all federal tax information.
- Where's My (Federal) Refund?
- Quick link to check the status of your federal refund.
- Frequently Asked Tax Questions and Answers
- Current answers directly from the IRS.
- Local IRS offices nationwide
- Where and how to contact local agents for face-to-face help.
- IRS Telephone Assistance
- Phone numbers for live assistance with a variety of federal tax questions.
- Tax scams — How to Recognize and Avoid Them
- How not to try to reduce your taxes.
- How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?
- What to do if something seems not right.
- IRS Phone Scams (PDF)
- Some pointers on what should sound not right.
Social Security Administration
- Social Security home page
- The primary source for all Social Security information.
State of Michigan
City of Lansing
- Treasury and Income Tax Office
- Information on Lansing property and income taxes.